Sunday, March 23, 2014

Liquid Courage


Liquid Courage

Our eyes are locked
and I've lost the combination
and when you bit that lip
I was aching in anticipation

Finishing a drink,
I swear it had courage at the bottom
Because I made my way to you
and the words I had planned out
Well... you could say I forgot 'em.

"Get"

Now here is where my brain started running
I was looking for the words
but nothing intelligent was coming
So I went with instinct,
because I was primal

"Up"

and it was final,
You rose from your seat
and started to move our feet
to the dance floor
You held me like missed me
Yet this was the first time we met.

Our bodies were now like our eyes,
Locked
and the way you let your hips
Rock
I swear my drink had courage at the bottom
But it didn't help me remember your 9 digits
I forgot 'em




No comments:

Post a Comment